Advantages Of Rooting HTC One M8
- After getting root access, you can uninstall those apps which are pre-installed by your network provider or by manufacturer.
- You can free up the storage space. Some rooted apps are available for efficient memory management.
- Immediately update your device to the latest version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM).
- Your HTC One M8 can be more customizable. You can use your new administrative rights to flash a custom ROM.
- When you root M8, it also increases the battery life of your HTC One M8 because those running constantly can be removed.
Preparations Before Rooting
Note: This will void the warranty of your device.
- Install USB driver so that your PC can recognize your phone.
- The process mentioned below requires a Windows PC.
- The guide is available for all variants of HTC One M8 running Android 5 Lollipop.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- For security reasons, create a complete backup of all your data.
- Most important, you need to unlock the bootloader in your HTC One M8 before rooting.