It is often seen that Samsung releases latest Android updates for its tablets very quickly. But, the original Transformer coming with its tablets has been there for quite some time now. Probably, that is the reason Samsung is looking to roll out Android 4.2 update, but later than it would come for other tablets. However, with the help of this guide, you can update your Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 4.2.
The following features will come with the Android 4.2 update:
– Swype-like typing keyboard
– Better actionable notifications
– Option to toggle settings quickly through the status bar
– Multi-usage support
– Camera with photo Sphere to click 360 degrees panorama pictures
– Improved overall performance
– Stability improvements
Note: Before starting make sure that you root your Galaxy S6 first. If you have never rooted a S6 before, watch this video:
How to Install Android 4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S6:
- See that your device has ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- The latest version of the ROM and the addon package should be downloaded in the device.
- Move the two downloaded zip files to the SD card inserted in the tablet without extracting them.
- Switch off the tablet and restart it in the ClockworkMod recovery mode. This can be done by pressing Volume Down key and power buttons, both simultaneously.
- When the words start to scroll on the top left side of the tablet, you are required to press the Volume Up key within 5 seconds. This will take the device to the recovery mode.
- You now need to backup your existing ROM. This can be done by selecting Backup and Restore option and then choosing Backup again. When this is done, return to the backup recovery mode of the device.
- Choose Data/Factory reset option and click on Yes on the following screen.
- You now need to choose ‘install zip from sdcard‘ option. Follow this by choosing ‘zip from sdcard‘. Look for the ROM file and install it.
- When the ROM installation is done, select ‘choose zip from sdcard again‘ option. Install the addon package from there.
- Now, click on Back and choose ‘reboot system now‘ to reboot your device to Android 4.2.
Things to Make Sure While Installing the Update:
– Kindly make sure that you are porting this update with Samsung Galaxy S6 with model number S6 only, as this update will not work in any other tablet.
– Ensure that you follow this guide step-by-step and not miss any, or else it may cause damage to your device.
– It is important to backup the tablet’s data before installing this update, as this process will wipe all the data. You may backup SMS, contacts, media files and bookmarks. Do not worry about the data in the SD card as that will remain intact.
– Note down the apn settings before starting with this process. This is necessary for mobile data net to work afterwards. To backup these settings, go to Settings, click on More, choose Mobile Networks and open the Apn in use and you can note down the settings from there.